Moss Walls: A Guide to a Green Office
Usually treated as an unwanted weed in most gardens, who’d have thought that moss could be a thing of beauty? In fact, far from being that familiar green invader of patios and brickwork, moss walls can add interesting texture and colour to your office walls, creating a talking point that demonstrates the creativity of your business as well as providing all the benefits of a green space.
The use of biophilia (our connection with nature) in the workplace has been proven to improve physical and mental health, as well as increase productivity. However, not all organisations have room for tall office plants, especially where space is at a premium, but with the clever use of living wall plants and interior moss walls, you can create a vertical garden on unused wall space or room dividers.
If you require a low maintenance green office, moss is one of the best plants for living walls. The moss is organically preserved which means that very little maintenance is needed, freeing up staff for other cleaning and maintenance duties.
Other benefits of living walls and interior moss walls
Green walls provide the same advantages to individuals and businesses as compact or tall office plants with additional benefits in design, maintenance and flexibility:
- Fully customisable: any size, any colour to match your corporate identity or brand - create full plant walls or a single framed masterpiece.
- Different plants or types of mosses create a range of textures for your vertical garden, providing biotecture (architecture using organic materials) to create random or designed patterns, or even spell out words.
- With no required access to water or sunlight, moss walls can be located on any aspect, inside your building.
- No two green walls are ever the same – each is a unique piece of artwork.
- Indoor living walls can reduce office pollution while both plants for living walls and preserved moss walls can be helpful tools in absorbing noise in the office.
- Lasting many years, an interior moss wall can reduce the costs of redecorating.
- As with all workplace biophilia and biotecture, staff and visitors feel valued by the inclusion of green space, whether that be tall office plants, moss walls or indoor living walls. This promotes staff morale, minimises absenteeism and reduces staff turnover.
Where can I find the best plants for living walls?
To receive all of the benefits of living walls, it’s important to use an experienced and skilled provider. With over 25 years of experience in the horticultural industry, phs Greenleaf can help you to create the living wall, vertical garden or moss wall that perfectly complements your business. Our service includes survey of your space, bespoke design using high-quality plants and mosses, delivery and installation using our unique living wall bracket system. In the case of living walls, we can also provide a maintenance service on request.
Living walls and moss walls are ideal for hotels, restaurants and shopping centres too, in fact any establishment where first impressions count. You’ll soon find that green spaces promote enjoyment of your product or service and encourage repeat custom.
Contact phs Greenleaf today to discover how to create a natural, sustainable green space to reinvigorate your workplace.Contact Us Today